· Our club is the first running club
of the greater Yakima area.
· The non-profit organization was founded on November 7, 1977.
· The club includes persons of all ages who run for fun and fitness.
· The main objectives of the club are to:
o provide opportunities to run
o provide companionship
o to provide encouragement for experienced and non experienced runners
· The club publishes a monthly newsletter with results of races, club business meeting minutes, training tips, local race calendars and various other subjects related to running.
· The club sponsors and puts on the Frosty Four Miler Race in February, the Yakima River Canyon Marathon in April, the Clear Lake Memorial Races (5 Miles & 1/2 Marathon) in June, the Grey Rock Trail Runs (50K, 25K & 12K) in July, the Sun City ½ Marathon & 5K Race in October and the Winter Race Series in December-January, Summer XC Series in June to August. The club co-participates with the Junior Gap to Gap and Gap to Gap in June at the Yakima Greenway..
· Several 'special' non racing event runs are held during the year - Halloween Run, Turkey Trot, Christmas Light Tour, New Year Resolution Run and Summer Full Moon Run.
· Membership dues are $15.00 per year. (includes all immediate family members)
· The club business meeting is on the first Thursday of the month at the Yakima Athletic Club. Meeting time is 7:00 P.M. and you are invited to join us.